tisdag 16 september 2008

Walking on the left side

In Sweden we drive on the right side of the road, and as a side effect we also walk on the right side of a pathway. But I have discovered a small town in Sweden where pedestrians walk on the left side of a path. Crazy? Well, not so much if you think that when walking on a road where there are cars and no pavements you walk on the left side of the road so that drivers are able see you in time. But, I have seen people walking on the left side of non-traffic pathways. How crazy is that? And it's not just one or two random people, but all of them. Mums, dads, elderly, youngsters, etc. Why? Do they do this because they do it on the trafficated roads? I try to make it point to walk on the right side of the road, because that's what I do when I'm driving or on a bike. And sometimes I am nearly forced off the path and into the shrubs that line it because some local thinks that I am in the wrong. But I'll keep trying to make the locals see reason, and soon, hopefully, I'll have made them all walk on the right (!) side of the path.

Inga kommentarer:

 
visitor analysis