söndag 5 oktober 2008

Birthdays - what are they good for?


Absolutely nothing. Ok, perhaps not nothing. But I find that the older I get the less inclined people are to celebrate me. It probably has nothing to do with me personally, most likely it has to do with the fact that no one is especially enthused about getting older, so why celebrate? And it's true, I'm not glad that I'm slowly nearing a rounder number and in turn coming closer to my demise. I might be a long way from being six feet under, but time goes so fast when you're having fun.. or when you're just living. Each birthday is just a painful reminder of who one's friends are. Who will remember me this year? Who will send me a birthday card? Who will just not give a crap? I try my best to congratulate people on their birthdays, but what am I actually congratulating them about? It doesn't really matter, because that's not the point. The whole point of having a birthday is to be able to say: "I'm not doing the dishes today, it's my birthday." A sort of free-day where you can do whatever you bloody well want and no one can interfere or question you about it. Great! Here's looking a me!

Inga kommentarer:

 
visitor analysis